Monday, December 6, 2010

A year older

But i didn't want the meaning to be so literal that i had to literally work on my birthday. How good does it get to have a birthday to fall on the first day of the week? Unfortunately, it is not even close to being good. Everyone's caught up with the Monday blues. The adults with their career, the fellow batch with Chemistry paper and i was seated in an office, picking up and transferring calls and it takes a lot of patience to use the provided century-old laptop with an internet speed of less than 10kb per hour.

So for my 17th birthday, I celebrated it behind a desk, as a receptionist. Best birthday ever.

This is my desk. The former receptionist was on maternity leave and my mother could not find a replacement with the the short notice so she had me taking the job as i am in the midst of SPM with ridiculous long breaks in between. The pay offered is pretty high for a day's job calling and faxing so without much thought given, i agreed.

I'm not complaining though. Mummy's boss treated me for a feast of Bubbagump's for lunch since it is my birthday today. Wanted to order a cake but the appetizer and a really cheesy main course got me really bloated so i turned down dessert. I am now filled with remorse and regret. I have never finished a meal without dessert before, even if it's just for a tub of ice-cream.

Hence, let's just assume i had a great birthday today.

Also, working as a receptionist is no fun. So don't ever consider this job. Ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment