Monday, November 15, 2010

Press Screening of Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows (Pt 1)

Okay, before you proceed to my review you are to read, please take note that there will be some spoilers but considering the Harry Potter movies derive from the series of books written by JK Rowling, you should prolly tell what is to come. If you hadn't read the books yet, may i kindly suggest for you to read them books? Your bitter childhood will be obliviated (memory charm uttered by Hermione in several parts of the movie) by itself, or perhaps you may most likely develop a hidden talent in performing magic without the usage of a wand, you will live in jubilance and triumph.

So if you're a daily reader of my blog, you should prolly know that i had an invite to the Press Screening of the above in courtesy of Nuffnang G+ in GSC MidValley today. I was pondering all morning on which outfit i were to wear, should it be appropriate. Initially, i wanted to buy a Harry Potter shirt to depict my very deep and profound interest in everything Harry Potter before it's release date, but sometimes living in Malaysia has it's own disadvantages. Then i thought of drawing a silhouette of Harry Potter using stencils on a white neglected shirt. But it didn't work out well. Thus, without further ado, i quickly donned a loose shirt with a cardi and denim shorts. To my surprise and in my delight, it has perfectly suit the weather.

I went through a series of misfortune just to get to the bus stop nearby my apartment. To sum it all off, i had my Everlast all wet, got lost in the carpark basement of Parade, waited for a good 45 minutes for a bus which i had not the patience to wait and hailed a cab instead, paid 25 bucks for a worthy safe ride to my destination and i had forgotten to bring my camera out.

Oh wait, the cab is kind of a good right? And i had the best seat in one of the cinema's cubicle ever! Also a lunch treat by a dear friend of mine at Delicious made my day.

Back to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part One, oh! did i mention i was seated into a cinema cubicle with THX and Dolby surround system? The sound effect and everything made up for my disappointment. Yes, David Yates failed to impress me this time. It was slow-paced for a rather action-packed-in-expectation movie. Although the book is a little draggy at the first half, knowing the exaggerations they alter most in the movies, Yates should stop being faithful to Rowling and worry about crossing the line lest she gets mad and sues him when the chances are that the movie would be so much better.

Speaking of making the movie better, for Heaven's sake the love scenes! They are unacceptable. Not because they were gross or disgusting but awkward and ridiculous. I was baffled.

I love Harry Potter and adore JK Rowling don't get me wrong, but this, was a let down. The Weasley twins were not as funny as they were in the book, many awkward pauses, their attempt to making the movie Artsy had obviously failed and they picked up the wrong scenes.

Oh wells.

Ralph Fiennes was great. He performed well and suited the role as He--Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. Reminds me of the late Heath Ledger who acted amazingly as the Joker in The Dark Knight.
Hi sexy.

Also not forgetting Dobby. He was last seen saving Harry and his friends in the Malfoys' mansion as they were escaping via apparition where Bellatrix threw a dagger towards their swirl of escape and slit Dobby as the group reaches a rather beautiful beach. DOBBY DIED. :( I was expecting Hermione to rage since she was horrified by the cruelty towards house-elves and found S.P.E.W (the Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare), but no. She looked at Dobby hopelessly in Ron's arms.

I hope Part Two will defer from this part of the movie. Nevertheless, i am thankful to be given this opportunity to watch it before it's release.

Accio April!

No comments:

Post a Comment