Friday, December 3, 2010

The Littlest Birds

A great find from my-recently-appointed favourite illustrator, Jan Avendano. Oh he must be proud. I jest, i jest. His works are exquisite (all the more you should check him out!) and i chose this picture in particular is because it reminds me of the movie 'Where the Wild Things Are'. Maybe he was inspired by the movie too! Oh that would be wonderful, don't you think? Now, is it an embarrassment for me to admit that i have yet to watch the movie? I shall duck my head under the table, or worse, collar my neck up with the cone of shame.

I've finished my science paper with much regret, for not burning the midnight oil revising, for watching America's Next Top Model Cycle 15 with the company of ground nuts in spicy sauce the night before, and for taking this too lightly. I can only utter a sigh and another of relief that this part of examination is over.

I've still Accounts, Economics and Arts to take. Which is separated to three unfortunate weeks, causing me to stall in my buying and making of Christmas gifts and whatnot. And to have the last day on the 20th of December, barely enough days left for me to shop and decorate! I want to plaster smiles on people's faces this season, is it too much of a request? Sigh.

I was unfortunate, a couple of weeks back. Rewind to Sunday the 21st of November, a Sunday, someone was craving for 'Bak-Kut-Teh' and so the whole family of church headed down to the nearest and satisfied our tummy with refills of the soup and double, triple servings of rice. The meal wasn't great but the company mattered. Prayers and cheers from friends were poured and i felt very blessed that afternoon. Fast forward to dinner at a Peranakan Restaurant in One Utama (after a light retail therapy with mother), my head felt heavy but i cared less as i presumed it to be a minor headache due to the examination stress (but i can assure you i am never stressed out in my studies before). Had a bowl of boiling hot Assam Laksa which was fantastic, for that period of time. The ride back home was an agony. I felt nauseous and i wouldn't dare to look at the gushing of the cars on the road. I blamed dinner.

And you think being sick will only last three days max, wrong. I suffered for one week. Disrupting my attention in the taking of the examination papers, short faints, the feeling of tired and cold all the time, the feeling of recovering then falling sick again, it's all a bummer you know. I had my blood test taken, injection on my butt which happened twice, screwed my History Paper and gave a fright to friends at school, admitted to the hospital, was wheel-chaired, drained out of energy to walk, people stared at me, I in return stared at people and i couldn't remember what happened next. Apparently i was driven to a Temple at night by my godfather and superstitiously-worried grandmother.

I had malnutrition. Hence kids, eat your greens and keep away from eating sweets and chocolates at a heavy amount OK? Ok.

So fun. I can make a movie out of this. I jest.
Seriously though, i am really eternally grateful to be alive. Thank God for this recovery of mine. And wonderful friends who cared. I am truly blessed to be healthy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment