Saturday, October 23, 2010

Bits of yesterday and today.

I'm so hyped up over the upcoming Halloween though it isn't a holiday in Malaysia and there are no such tradition of trick or treating. Bummer that is. I had an impromptu one with IreneCheen the last halloween and it was a failure. I ended up cutting two holes on an old rug or towel and literally ran the whole neighbourhood of USJ14 knocking on the neighbour's gates. :(

Stumbled onto this do-it-yourself Kid's Bat Costume at AlphaMom and it's so adorable. If i were to wear that in Malaysia, i'd be drenched in sweat and boy, won't that be a bummer?




On friday, i went for a dip into the pool with this bunch and find myself in lust over this little toy of a baby in Toys 'R' us. Amazing how 'lively' children's toys can be. The idea of the sudden making of noise from the baby in the middle of the night freaks me out. It reminds me of Child Play, the infamous Chucky.

Also, i am anticipating to watch this. It may or may not be boring, but the animation is deeply astounding. My Dog Tulip is about the distinguished British man of letters, Ackerley hardly thought of himself as a dog lover when, well into middle age, he came to adopt Tulip – a beautiful, yet intolerable 18–month–old German shepherd. To his surprise, she turned out to be the love of his life, the “ideal friend” he had been searching for in vain for so many years. In vivid and sometimes startling detail, the film reveals Tulip’s sassy, often erratic behavior (and very canine tastes) and Ackerley’s fumbling but determined efforts to ensure an existence of perfect happiness for her.



Amazing how the unexpected reveals itself in such a way. Indeed, God works in mysterious ways.
I have the intuition to go for a campnic (a name i invented for a combination of both camp and picnic). But considering the hot climate and the many cases that made headlines in newspapers daily, i can only utter a sigh. I like how the woman in the picture wears a cheongsam in a campnic with a red indian-look-alike tent.

Today was a tiring yet fun day. I became a personal fashion advisor to Nandini and had a great night out with the church gang. Justin was generous and treated Joyce and I itallianies which was superb!

The pecan flavoured cinnamon Ji ordered because she wanted bread and something sweet, such odd combination. But in terms of food, you can get all sorts. Then she had another craving for something spicy and salty so we had McShaker fries with loads of pepper and chilli, i had them dipped into my vanilla ice-cream. Yummeh.

Before heading home, Nan and i craved for something frothy and we had loads of time to kill as it was jam at the highway where her mother got stucked at, hence, Nan treated me for some Mocha Frappuchino and we devoured into some whip cream!

It was still drizzling when i got back and i was soaked up a little. My influenza came back and both my hands and feet were ice cold. I was a little tired but i took an impromptu decision to attend the Jazz Festival held at Empire.

Here i am at Italiannies with Justin (he's not usually that fat) and Joyce (Justin was big and he covered Joyce, poor girl). We had oglio olio and shrimp bolognese with awesome Italian breads served for the appetizer. In which they served shrimps that has got to be the best shrimps i have ever tasted my whole entire life! I've eaten like 6. It was both crunchy (as how Justin would describe it) and juicy. They were magnifico!

The green helium balloon i took back home like a little child.

Some cuppachino ice-cream cake, oreo based that was hard as rock. I got bored of it after around 6 bites? If you look carefully, Justin's shirt has an ilama! And an ostrich.

Atilia ended my night perfectly. She performed numerous songs that were fantastic. I'm so going for the last day of the event tomorrow and get my hands on some goodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment