Tuesday, August 24, 2010

To do, or not to do.

I don't know about you guys, but i enjoy drawing. But i'd get intimidated very easily when someone pops up with amazingly talents in drawing which are far much better than i am. Then, i'd sulk and stay sullen through a very hard period of time. I cannot take challenges and i adore praises. But then again, who wouldn't?

Today however, was a little something else. I was torn in between two choices of courses for my college plans next year. For one, i love drawing. As mentioned above. But i do enjoy planning and decorating and do some house sketching like those architects do.

Did i tell you how many ambitions i have got since i was at a tender age of 6 when i was taught about occupations in kindergarten? Well, let the list begin. Something or rather someone influenced me to be a nurse. Why not a doctor you may ask? I've never actually put a thought of becoming one. Nor a lawyer, nor a successful business woman. Unfortunately, that dream of becoming a nurse died down and drifted to a sales lady. Though the income may not be high, i have always loved free testers. And employee discounts and the chance to bring home a free sample product. Then again, this illusion of me being a happy sales promoter trying to sell a microwave oven to an estranged old lady with 21 cats went kaput. Then, startled and amazed by the drawing my dad drew, i was deeply influenced and i aspired to be an artist. But my drawings then were horrible. Full testimony available. Just ask my brother. Growing up somehow broadens your knowledge and lets you see things in a wider angle. That's when i completely lost faith. I thought of becoming an interior designer but friends wanted that job so i forced myself to find another. This proves on how much i dislike competing against someone familiar with my being to the extent where i'd go a little bonkers.

So many jobs, so many dreams, so many competitions. Lord oh lord, give me a sign. Drop me hints of where i am headin'. It's never too early to plan ahead.


Oh why can't we just be pure-bloods and be wizards and consume butterbeers and play Quidditch? :(

No comments:

Post a Comment