Saturday, June 19, 2010

Sex in Abu Dhabi & a $22,000 bill for luxury


I can't deny, i am envious towards these four best friends who live in New York, living life to the fullest with lavish designer outfits and gorgeous men by their side.

I mean, look at the transformation of this


into this?


This evidence made me believe that if i move to New York, there is a possibility that i can be as rich and gorgeous. And maybe i can write for Vogue and be an author of various self-help book for all the single ladies out there. I mean, am i wishing for the stars here? Not really. (Totally adapted from Merinda Priestly from the movie Devils Wear Prada or the Devil Wears Prada, whichever)
I kid, i kid.

Anyways, as i watch this movie, i can't help but to stare at how awful Sarah Jessica Parker looks, albeit her heavy makeup, it is totally obvious that this middle age woman needs an anti-wrinkle cream and botox pronto. She looked older than her age in spite of all her effort in staying young. I'm not having a prejudice against her, in fact, i liked her. And i thought she was pretty. But hell to the no. Watching her on big screen changed my mind. Did she like do a tan or something? Cause at some scenes, she looked rather dark.


Her romance with Big though, was something but a fairytale.

Okay, so one thing i still don't understand is how people get amazed by this dreadful outfit. As she got out of the cab to the Spice market in Abu Dhabi, everyone in the cinema (including an african lady beside me) wow-ed at this.


I don't understand fashion sometimes. I therefore am not going to say any further about this horrendous piece of clothing that she put on.
(As hypocritical that i am, i played the amazed one too.)

Another thing i dislike about this movie is that there is no one climax. I don't get the plot, i don't find it interesting and this movie just doesn't captivate me at all. The character Kim Cattral acts as, Samantha Jones, just annoys me. So she is old and attractive, so she is a rich, so she is a flirt, so she is in her menopause stage, stop the freaken foul language. That makes her look even older.
But yet again, in contrary, she is the one character in this movie i look forward to. Without her, and the splendid wardrobe of course, this show would be dead.


I feel that in this movie, the girls became more obsessed and paranoid over little things. Carrie Bradshaw with some probs involving her 2-year hubby and the semi-affair with old love Aidan, Samantha with her hormons and the desperate will to be young, Charlotte with her two children and her new bra-less nanny whom she thought would be a threat to the family and Miranda Hobbes feeling inferior in her office she once enjoyed working in.

Though this movie may not be as good as the first one, i did not say i hadn't a good laugh. The laughters i made during the movie proved that this movie is worth the watch. And i didn't know until i watched this movie that gay Italians cheat on their husbands. As in guy guy relationship. Watch and find out yourself. :)


So bring your boyfriends or girlfriends along to watch this. Becareful not to fall asleep though. ;) They even have cameos from Liza Minelli and Miley Cyrus! Of which i'm not a fan of either.

I won't rate this movie and the whatnot of the above are my opinions. Your argument is invalid.

I think i like this poster more. I'll just leave this here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment